A first in North America: The EU | BIC label has been awarded to five Quebec organizations (Incubators and Accelerators) that have completed the EBN certification process.
International recognition for Canadian organizations supporting innovative companies in Quebec. Five (5) organizations (Incubators & Accelerators) in Quebec have been accredited with the European Business Innovation Network (EU | BIC) label of quality and joined this world class network. (BIC stands for « Business Innovation Center »).
- EU | BIC is the « only » quality accreditation mark of support for innovative companies recognized by the European Commission, is granted by the European Business Innovation Center Network (www.ebn.eu) for the first time on the North American continent.
Francine Masson EMBA, CEO of the TechNovation Network and accredited expert in auditing EU | BICs in Canada, is proud to announce this award.
Selected for the quality of their approaches and covering strategic geographical areas, these organizations operate in various economic sectors.
- Those are :
- AG BioCentre de Lévis, led by Alain Cadoret with the support of his team
- Innovation and Economic Development Trois-Rivières (IDE TR), led by Mario De Tilly with the support of his team
- Longueuil Economic Development (DEL), led by Julie Éthier with the support of her team
- Haute-Montérégie Business Support Center (CAEHM), St-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, led by Edouard Bonaldo with the support of his team
- Centech ÉTS University in Montréal, led by Richard Chénier with the support of his team.
The EU | BIC accreditation process evaluates the quality of organizations in three areas: the organization, its team and its interventions; strategic partners of the organization; the quality of the services and the testimony of the companies.
May 2018: New Associate Member (non-BIC), DMZ of Toronto is now member of EBN Network.